| Posted On Jan 05, 2021 | By:

What Kind of Goals Would You Like to Achieve?

When it comes to setting goals, chances are you’ve heard about the importance of setting goals that are SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. If you’re able to answer “yes” to each of the following questions, you’ll know you’ve set a SMART goal.

SMART Goals

Let’s go through an example. Say you’re interested in becoming more health-conscious, and you’d like to “eat a healthier diet.”

  • Specific – Does your goal use action words to state what you want to achieve and how you intend to achieve it?
Read More

| Posted On Dec 20, 2018 | By:

Our Top Healthy Eating Blogs of 2018

As 2018 draws to a close, you may be thinking about your New Year’s resolutions. If eating healthier or losing weight is on your list, we’ve pulled together our most popular nutrition-related blog posts of the past year. We hope you can find a few helpful tips to incorporate into your lifestyle in 2019!

Resolve to Eat Healthier

It’s the time of year when many of us look back at the past month’s holiday parties and family get-togethers and think,

Read More

| Posted On Jan 07, 2014 | By:

Keep that Resolution to Quit Smoking

About half of all Americans will make at least one New Year’s resolution, and one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to quit smoking.

I can tell you that this will be one of the best resolutions you can make for yourself.  If you need a little extra motivation, and maybe to allay some reservations you have, here are answers to a few commonly asked questions I get from my patients regarding quitting smoking.

Read More

| Posted On Jan 03, 2012 | By:

It’s Time to Get Real(istic) about your New Year’s Resolutions

If you are one of the millions of Americans who have made a New Year’s resolution to somehow improve your health, good for you!  The top three health-related resolutions are to quit smoking, to lose weight, and to exercise more, and research suggests that 60% of those who make New Year’s resolutions keep them for at least part of the year.   The bad news is, the other 40% of us find it too hard to keep our resolutions. 

Read More